Tourist sights

Rupea Citadel

Construction of the fortress began in 1324, during the uprising of the Saxons against the Hungarian king Charles Robert of Anjou. Later, two courtyards and three defensive towers were added…

Bogdana Monastery, Radauti

Bogdana Monastery, with the first stone church in Moldavia was founded by Prince Bogdan I (who is also considered the founder of Moldavia as independent state, with the capital in…

National Palace of the Military Circle

It is assumed that this building was constructed in order to hide from the press the big parties which the Romanian military used to have at the end of the…

Cacica Salt Mine

Cacica salt mine located in the locality with the same name, 18 km from Gura Humorului and 40 km from the city of Suceava, and is one of the oldest…

Putna Monastery

The imposing and famous Putna Monastery is located about 30 km northwest of Radauti and 67 km from the city of Suceava, near the Putna River. The monastery and the…

The Hunter’s Tower, Brasov

Located near the cable car that reaches Tampa, the Hunter’s Tower is,  like The Carpenter’s Tower or Drapers’ Bastion, a part of the medieval wall of Brasov citadel. The tower…

Catherine’s Gate, Brasov

Catherine’s Gate is one of the few medieval monuments in Romania kept intact. The building which dates since 1559, was built on the foundation of another gate which was dating…

Dimitrie Gusti National Village Museum

The National Village Museum was opened on 17th of May 1936 and it is a creation of Dimitrie Gusti, a Romanian folklorist and sociologist. Located in a green area of…

The Ropemakers’ Bastion, Brasov

The Ropemakers Bastion in Brasov is the first bastion of the fortress mentioned in documents, in year 1416. The bastion has an hexagonal shape and initially was 10-12 m high.…

The Carpenter’s Tower, Brasov

The Carpenters’ Tower is part of the fortifications of Brasov citadel, more precisely it is part of the defense wall of the city. It is located on the south-west of…

Drapers’ Bastion, Brasov

Built between 1450 – 1455 by the goldsmiths’ guild, Drapers’ Bastion from Brasov has got into into the possession of the Drapers guild in 1640. It is a circular bastion…

Axente Sever – Fortified Church

Offering vestiges from the olden times, Axente Sever is a village with a great significance for archaeologists – here were discovered ceramics dating since II-III centuries but also a copper…

Monastery of St. John the New, Suceava

The monastery is located in Suceava and was built between 1514-1522 to serve as the church of Metropolitan of Suceava (it seems that Mirauti church was not large enough for…

Ali-Gazi Paşa Mosque in Babadag

Ali Pasha Gazi Mosque is placed in center of  Babadag city and was built in 1610 (it is not known if this is the year when the construction began or…

Skip to toolbar