Historical Buildings

The Royal School, Targu Neamt

Royal School is a massive building with thick walls and six rooms placed symmetrical on two levels. In this building used to function the public school in Targu Neamt. The…

Tanners Tower, Sighisoara

Tanners’ Tower was built around XIII – XIV centuries and is located in the south-west of the city. This is a modest tower compared to its neighbor, Tin Tower, to…

Butchers Tower, Sighisoara

Butchers’ Tower was built in the second half of the fifteenth century and is located on the west side of the surrounding wall. It is one of the two defense…

Ropemakers Tower, Sighisoara

The tower is one of the oldest edifices of Sighisoara citadel and was built along with its first walls. During the Tatar invasion, the tower was destroyed (1241) but was…

Tailors Tower, Sighisoara

Tailors Tower is located in the area of the second access gate into the city, opposite to The Clock Tower. This tower was built in the fourteenth century and is…

Tin Tower, Sighisoara

Tin Tower has a great position for defense, and together with the Clock Tower, dominates the lower part of the city. It was built together with the wall, but was…

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/greenpeo/public_html/romania-insights.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/vantage-child-may/archive-listing.php on line 50

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/greenpeo/public_html/romania-insights.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/vantage-child-may/archive-listing.php on line 50

The Venetian House, Sighisoara

The Venetian House is located in Museum Square, at no 6 and was named this way because of the decorative elements of the facade. The house was probably built in…

Vlad Dracul House, Sighisoara

In the Council Tower Square, near the Clock Tower, is located Vlad Dracul House; this is the place where it is supposed that Vlad Tepes, also known as Dracula, was…

Blacksmiths Tower, Sighisoara

Blacksmith Tower located behind the Monastery Church was built in 1631 on the foundations of the old Barbers Tower. His role was to defend the Church of the Monastery in…

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/greenpeo/public_html/romania-insights.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/vantage-child-may/archive-listing.php on line 50

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/greenpeo/public_html/romania-insights.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/vantage-child-may/archive-listing.php on line 50

The Covered Staircase, Sighisoara

Covered Staircase or Pupils Staircase was built between 1660 – 1662 and had originally 300 increments. In the 1842, the stair was modified and now its foundation is made of…

Furriers’ Tower, Sighisoara

Furriers’ Tower is located on the western side of the surrounding wall and is one of the two defense towers of the Törl gate – once, this was the place…

The Shoemakers Tower, Sighisoara

The Shoemakers Tower is located in the north end of the fortress wall and dates since 1521.  The tower was fortified in 1603, was partially destroyed in 1606 but was…

Clock Tower, Sighisoara

The Clock Tower is the tallest tower in Sighisoara (64 m) and most massive of the nine defensive towers of the fortress. It dates from the fourteenth century. Entering the…
Skip to toolbar